Frequently Asked Questions
You can find answers to some of the most common questions we’ve been asked. For any questions, you may have a quick look on the list here. But if you don’t find what you’re looking for, feel free to contact us. We’re always here to help you out.
No need to install anything in order to use Office 365
To help you easily connect your desktop version of the latest version of Office, Office 2013, Office 2010, or Office 2007 to Office 365, Microsoft provides Office 365 customers an installable piece of software—called “Office Desktop Setup”—at no charge.
Office Desktop Setup provides many benefits, including:
- Automatically detecting necessary updates.
- Installing updates and components upon approval or silently from a command line.
- Automatically configuring Outlook and Microsoft Skype for Business for use with Microsoft Office 365
Office 365 offer an Office Desktop Setup installation in the administration center.
If your plan includes a subscription to Office, you will also be able to install that directly from the Office 365 administration center.
We’ve already heard all cloud models but what really makes Hybrid Cloud unique and special?
As companies and businesses have grown more and more hesitant in moving their data storage and computational services, cloud computing has found its new solution.
Hybrid cloud is a combination of a public cloud provider and a private cloud platform. The private and public clouds are arranged as hybrid cloud but operate in a distinct and independent function.
Some of the benefits of using a hybrid cloud are as follows:
- more control on equal parties of private and public cloud.
- on-premise private infrastructure accessible without the use of public internet
- computational infrastructure that supports your business workload
- flexibility of building server designs
With hybrid clouds, companies acquire the flexibility in rapid storage at a relatively lower cost.
Comlink provides a wide set of skilled remote support for desktops, servers, applications and other networking equipment
Remote support, also known as online or virtual computer support is the process of having your computer worked on via internet by a technician. One of our comlink experts can view your screen by simply downloading the application which comes with two variations: Windows PC Remote Support (for Windows users) and MAC Remote Support (for MAC users).
Our 24/7 dedicated remote support is readily accessible with the quickest turnaround time of ONLY 3 phone rings!
Benefits of having an Online Support:
- Convenient – Comlink’s remote support gives you the convenience and the fastest guaranteed support. Our Comlink experts resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Affordable – We cut costs with remote support while giving you the assurance that we provide the same high quality service as you would expect and need.
- Fast – With our 24/7 support, our friendly Comlink experts will be with you within 3 phone rings.
Expand your resources, cut costs, and ultimately improve your system with Comlink Solutions!
It is very crucial for a business to protect their data nowadays. And in order to have a full protection on data, one must implement a data backup and recovery plan.
It is very important not only for large businesses but for small and medium-sized business too to perform backup. It is the business’ responsibility to make sure that backups are regularly performed and are stored in a well-secured location.
Backup and Disaster Recovery. Which is which?
The difference between these two is just simple:
Backup takes care of all the data by saving it in a well-secured location occasionally which may be on-site or off-site, and bringing it back in case you need it again.
Disaster Recovery’s purpose is to replicate or copy the entire data, applications, networks, and systems – and will make it available once your primary environment isn’t working or unavailable.
There’s no more excuse for delaying back up. You should do it now!
That won’t absolutely pose as a problem. In fact, most of our customers have their own IT Support Staffs and Departments responsible for handling day-to-day technical issues, but they still rely on us for the most critical IT Support services. Comlink has been a trusted technology advisor to guide you with the best strategies.
Kindly check our different managed services for more information.